Friday, October 12, 2012

Crow pillow tutorial

Halloween Silk Screened Crow pillows
 
Supplies
Fabric
Pillow forms
Die cutting machine
Yudu machine
Vinyl
Cutting mat
fabric scissors
Rotary blade
Ruler
silk screen paint
heat tool
cardboard
 
Not to worry if you don't have a diecut machine or a yudu machine.  I will add cheats on how you can do the same look with out them.
 
Tinker my cat wanted to help make the pillows  :)
I used my used my silhouette machine to die cut a crow on sticky back vinyl.   Doesn't matter what color you use because you will be using it a mask to silk screen the image.  Cheaper version: cut out the shape that you want using an exacto knife or scissors in the vinyl.
I didn't take a picture and really wished I did but I will try to explain the best I can of the next step.  I  I used my yudo machine and a screen to silk screen the crow image on the fabric.  I stuck down the vinyl to the top of the screen and made sure that it was stuck down to the screen well so that no paint will leak under the image.  Not so pretty when paint leaks!!!    Cheaper version: If you don't have a yudu machine you can just stick the vinyl directly to the fabric.   You will just need to be careful when you apply paint.  
If using the screen you can silk screen the image following the directison with the machine.  I used cardboard tshirt forms under the fabric to hold it in place and so that it wouldnt bleed through.  If you are going to cheaper route used a paint brush and fabric paint to fill in the image.    Remove the vinyl and you will have your silkscreen image.
We used a heat tool to speed up the drying process. 
Silk screened Crow on the fabric that is the front of the pillow. 
I used black fabric and cut the fabric large enough for the pillow form that I was going to use.   Pinned the two pieces of fabric for the pillow and did a fast single stich to close all sides.   I pretend to sew so don't judge my skills.  LOL!!!    I added the form and did a fast stitch to close the pillow.   I pulled and frayed the fabric around the edges for a Halloween look once the pillow was completed.                              
Happy sewing or pretend sewing in which ever is your case. ;)
 
Happy Halloween!!!
Love,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails