Thursday, September 27, 2012

Huge Halloween Wands

My friend, Pam and I had so much fun making these when she and her family came over the other night.  We got the idea from the very sweet and talented Rhonna Farrer.  We used a variety of papers and embellishments to create this whimsical display.  


Pam brought over some vintage newspaper from 1935 and since she has a scrapbook paper addiction (wink wink) she had a ton of papers to choose from for the embellishments.  We also used dollar store finds and coffee filters which you know are my FAV!  Here are some easy steps to create the wands:

1.  Fold paper in an accordion style fold.  Once you get to the end, just fold it then in half and hot glue it together.  You will have a half circle sort of "fan".  
2.  Repeat step 1 with the same size paper.  (We used wrapping paper cut in the same size for the polka dot ones)
3.  Once you have 2 "fans" of paper, then all you do is hot glue the 2 halves together and voila, you have a full circle.
4.  You can add as many layers as you want to create many different looks.  Hot glue is your friend.  I also used a spider web that I found at the dollar store and coffee filters for some of my centers.  
5.  The sticks are just large dowel rods that I spray painted black.  Since they are so large, I secured them with hot glue AND duct tape.  Yes, duct tape.  It's powerful stuff and no one is seeing the backs of these bad boys.  I used sand in the bucket so it wouldn't tip over.  


Peace, love, and craft!!!
tia





5 comments:

  1. Tia,
    Love these, they are so large and fabulous, the door is just popping. I have some vintage newspapers, some are pink, I must try this, great idea!
    Happy Thursday!
    xOxO Nerina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nerina! Please send me a picture when you do them. I bet those newspapers you have are fabulous!! I'd love to see them!
    Hugs,
    tia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really excited about these!
    I also love your sidebar "paper".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Auntie Bliss! Let me know if you make them. We'd love to see pics. I'm kind of into chevron right now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails